Robert B. Walker
P.O. Box 1396
709 Old Hunt Way
Herndon, VA 20172-1396
- Memphis State University School of Law; J.D. Dec. 1975
- University of Tennessee; M.S. 1971
- Arkansas State University; B.S. 1967
- Joyner, Goff & Sims / Law Clerk ~ 1974 - 1976
- Joyner, Goff, Sims, Cloud & Stroud / Associate ~ 1976 - 1979
- Goff, Sims, Cloud, Stroud, Shepherd & Walker / Partner ~ 1979-1981
- Goff, Sims, Stroud, Meierhoefer & Walker / Partner ~ 1981-1983
- Sims, Walker & Steinfeld, P.C. / Partner ~ 1983 - 1994
- Shawn, Mann & Niedermayer, L.L.P. / Partner ~ 1994 - 1996
- Law Office of Robert B. Walker / Principal ~ 1996 - Present
- Bar No. - TN 004441; DC 924795, VA 39923
- Supreme Court of Tennessee ~ 4/24/76
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals ~ 4/11/77
- Supreme Court of Virginia ~ 9/9/96
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia ~ 10/3/77
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit ~ 10/7/77
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit ~ 9/25/80
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit ~ 7/16/82
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit ~ 11/13/85
- U.S. Claims Court ~ 2/13/86
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit ~ 3/24/89
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ~ 3/27/89
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit ~ 2/22/90
- Supreme Court of the United States ~ 3/19/90
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona ~ 1/8/91
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ~ 2/11/91
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit ~ 3/25/93
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas ~ 4/21/93
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois ~ 4/15/94
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia ~ 4/25/97
- Practiced extensively before the Interstate Commerce Commission, the U.S. Department of Transportation, District of Columbia, Tennessee and Virginia transportation agencies representing motor carriers.
- Represented numerous motor carriers in proceedings before the ICC, WMATC and various state regulatory authorities in entry rights cases and enforcement actions.
- General counsel to UBOA for approximately 5 years .
- Represented bankruptcy trustees and debtors in possession in resolving freight claim disputes and rate matters.
- Appeared before numerous trial courts, bankruptcy courts and appellate courts arguing as both appellant and as appellee. Participated in preparing briefing as either a party or as amicus in cases before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Negotiated and drafted numerous contracts for transportation services, settlements of disputes, and contracts to buy/sell operating authority, equipment, business, etc.
- Represented individuals and corporations before the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service, State Department and Commerce Department in obtaining visas, asylum, and import licenses.
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Executive Committee
- Distinguished Service Award
- Chairman, Practice and Procedures Committee
- American Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Rated AV by Martindale Hubbell
Areas of Practice
- Administrative Law
- Transportation Law
- 25% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Published WorksAre Limousines, Liveries and Taxis Now Subject to All Aspects of the U.S. D.O.T. Safety Regulation?, 5 TTL 31, February, 1997
The 1994 Amendments to the Bankruptcy Code - A Summary and Review (Co-Author), 4 TTL 28129692564, April, 1995